Vavasour Pinot Gris, Marlborough, New Zealand

2 Review(s)

Availability: In stock


Vavasour Pinot Gris, Marlborough, New Zealand

Double click on above image to view full picture

Zoom Out
Zoom In


The cool weather of the Awatere Valley brings out the brilliant aromatics in Pinot Gris. The bouquet of our 2018 is a beautiful compilation of spicy pear, nashi, bright fruit and ginger. The palate is rich, oily and viscous with the bright, fresh acidity it is known for.

The Vavasour rooster has become a symbol of quality for NZ wine buyers over the last 10 years. Vavasour has massive 85ha vineyard holdings in the Awatere Valley, where the infertile gravel soils and huge diurnal temperature swings produce some of NZ's finest wines. The winemaking team ferment 90% of this in stainless steel with the remaining 10% in neutral French Oak to impart texture.

A fragrant bouquet redolent of braeburn apple, poached pear, cinnamon and lychee.
Rich and juicy, the palate is bursting with fruit offset by crisp acidity, leading to a zippy, long finish.


Customer Reviews

2 Item(s)

per page
Pretty Nice Surprise Review by Jenny
Crisp acidity to start with and supported by its mid-full body and aromas of ginger and melon. Love that iconic Marlborough mineral on both the nose and palate - I am usually not a fan of Pinot Gris (find it usually to bland) but I picked up the same characteristics that I usually find in a Marlborough Sauvignon blanc - that same nice mineral.

I tasted this with sunny side eggs and toast and it worked well~ Yup... not the normal kind of 'wine pairing' you expect but when you have a brunch next time, that's something you can try. (Posted on 21/05/2014)
excellent pinot gris Review by mickfish
I am not normally a great fan of pinot gris but this was very enjoyable and great value. Well worth the experiment.

MJF (Posted on 10/01/2013)

2 Item(s)

per page

Write Your Own Review

Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register